While the boys were away, it was really the first time Gracie and Jacob have ever had so much one on one time with Mommy and Daddy. (We didn't want Luke and Ben to think they were the only ones having fun!) Here's a few pictures of how we kept ourselves busy while Luke and Ben were gone. One day Daddy was able to take a whole day off work and we took a day trip to one of the NC Aquariums. It was pretty busy, but we still had a fun time enjoying all the sites.
We also had a chance to visit a spot called Kidsventures. It is essentially a big toy room. It was fun having the space to play compared to our close quarters at home. I had gotten a Groupon deal to try this place out and it was a perfect afternoon distraction for toddlers.
Since Luke and Ben are so great at playing and distracting Gracie and Jacob (especially when I need to make dinner), I have had to become quite creative while they were away.
One of Gracie and Jacob's favorite distractions is playing in water. We take out tupperware and all sorts of spoons and bowls and let them have at it while I am cooking. It does make a huge water mess, but the pure joy of exploring water and uninterrupted meal prep time is worth it!
Gracie has LOVED having one-on-one time to play games with her Mommy and Daddy to her hearts content. I forget sometimes how much she and Jacob both have learned to be patient while Mommy works with Luke and Ben for school. Prior to the boys leaving, I tried to make sure that day Gracie and Jacob get their own window of time to play and read with me. They thrive on this time. Gracie calls it her "school time with Mommy" and will not let anyone come near to interrupting that time.
We also got a few projects around the house done. Daddy fixed our ice maker while Jacob was his side-kick handy man.
While I have, on occasion, taken all four children to the pool, it is pretty overwhelming and difficult to manage on my own. (Ever try to take four wet children under the age of six into a locker room for a potty break on your own? I think it should be considered an olympic sport!)
One of our favorite distractions this week was a nearby pool that has a wadding pool and really fun sprinklers. Gracie and Jacob love it! Jacob's favorite is the fire hydrant sprinklers to make his uncles Josh and Shane proud.
We have had a fun week, but miss our Luke and Ben. Hopefully we will get some pictures from Grandma so I can update our blog on their week of fun as well!
3 comments:
Such cute pictures of your time with the littlest ones! It did seem to be a bit sad without Luke and Ben's smiling faces in the shots! Hope they had just as much fun with Grandparents and cousins and we look forward to seeing more pictures! Love and miss you guys.
I agree with Kam..as cute as all these photos are...two precious faces were missing..once a grouping, always a grouping...The one of Jacob laughing hysterically is a hoot...and Gracie is super concentrating on her register like any good retailer...hope that's not a sign...glad you enjoyed your family pared down just a bit...okay, now back to normal!!!
Oh my word I miss those two so much!!! Such cute pictures! Looks like they thoroughly enjoyed their mommy and daddy time :)
Post a Comment