Our blog was honored with the Liebster Award by my sweet friend Tara! Tara's blog says that
Liebster is a German term for "sweet, kind, nice, pleasant, endearing,
valued, dearest, beloved, cute" and it's an award given to bloggers with
less than 200 followers who meet these characteristics. (Thank you Tara for thinking of us!) In
the process, bloggers are able to show their appreciation to each
other, while giving them an opportunity to tell a little more about
themselves, to discover other bloggers that their readers might be
interested in following, and to nominate other blogs that they love.
My instructions were to answer 11 questions given by Tara, along with adding 11 random things about myself. Then I get to nominate a few blogs and ask 11 questions of them!
Here are Tara's 11 questions for me:
1. What made you start blogging?
When we chose to start our family with the adoption of Luke and Ben it was hard to keep everyone updated via email. So, we started a blog to keep friends and family posted on our adoption happenings, and now it has stuck and followed our family beyond our adoption.
2. How did you meet your husband?
We both received letters from the church we attended inviting us to a college and career Sunday school class they were starting up. We sat next to each other that first Sunday, became friends in a group first, started dating four months later, were engaged 11 months after meeting, and married 15 months after meeting!
3. What is one thing on your "bucket list?"
The book of James is my favorite in the Bible and I have always wanted to memorize it. I am just about to start a study in James by Beth Moore and she encourages you to memorize the entire book. I am a little nervous to start at this busy stage of my life, but I think this study might help me on this item on my list.
I also want to visit every continent (besides Antarctica) so I still need to visit South America and Australia.
4. What is your favorite childhood memory?
Playing "orphans" outside in our backyard and making Christmas cookies with my Grammy,
5. If you could be a superhero, what superpower would you want to have?
I think I need to be spiderwomen with AT LEAST 8 arms/hands to get my to-do lists done!
6. What is your most prized possession?
Our backup hard-drive that has all of our pictures on it, wedding ring, and my thimble collection from all the places I have visited.
7. What is the most random thing you have in your closet right now?
My In-Laws (who I love and have an amazing relationship with) somehow have decided it is hillarious to give my hubby "pooping" jellybean dispensing animals for all holiday occasions. How they find so many new ones is beyond me. My hubby thinks they are funny and refuses to get rid of them. I refuse to let them come out of our closet. We are at a stand-still on the topic! :) Some of them even make noise and scare me to death when I move something in the closet and forget they are there.
8. What is your favorite movie?
Gone with the Wind and The Power of One
9. What is something that you have a hard time saying "no" to?
New books for my kids
10. If you could have lunch with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?
My sister Kamie. Outside of my Hubby she is my best friend. We have now lived apart for more than 15 years and it is so hard to get "sister" time, especially with growing families for both of us.
11. What would you consider your "dream job?"
Although the most difficult job I could have imagined, I have my dream job now. Taking care of my family, helping raise and teach my children and still occasionally getting to serve as a nurse (which I still love).
Now for 11 random things about myself:
1. I have a ridiculous and somewhat unfounded fear of Ostriches. It gives me the heebie jeebies just to type it.
2. My favorite food is Sushi.
3. I knew I was going to adopt, be a nurse, have at least five kids, and have a son named Luke since I was VERY young. I also was sure I would have a lot of girls.....but I got that one wrong!
4. I love pistachios and detest all forms of beans (except for green, they are good!)
5. I don't keep in touch with a lot of my college friends because at one point in my life I was given an amazing and prestigious scholarship to school as one of 20 top high school graduates in my state. My friends on the same scholarship are now all famous or curing cancer. I feel like none of them would be able to appreciate where and why God has me where I am now. (Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change my family for ANYTHING, it just makes me not eager to keep in touch and always feel like I need to compare.)
6. I don't have a facebook account and don't plan on getting one anytime soon. (Who has the time to keep up with facebook and a blog?)
7. My sister Kamie and I backpacked across Europe after I graduated from college. We made a great team. She is gifted in languages I am a pretty decent navigator. We didn't visit all the usual tourist spots, but focused on WWI and WWII history- a common love between us. We walked for miles on the side of a highway in Luxembourg to visit General Patton's grave.
8. I have been to 28 different countries, none of them with the Air Force!
9. I tried dance lessons for one year when I was young. I did not like it and despite all attempts at a bribe, refused to go on stage for the recital. That was the end of my dancing career. Although I did love to swing dance when I was in college.
10. I still have several foods that I cannot eat after my first pregnancy with Gracie due to such severe morning sickness.
11. I have two middle names (given to me at birth!) and people are always trying to hyphenate my second middle name (which happens to be my Mother's maiden name) with my last name. It drives me crazy when they don't believe me (like at a DMV or the hospital).
Here are some of my favorite blogs I read that I would like to nominate for the Liebster Award:
My questions for you are:
1. If you could take your family on a vacation this year (no cost prohibiting) where would it be?
2. What is your favorite summer olympic sport?
3. What is your favorite childhood memory?
4. What is your favorite verse in the Bible?
5. What is one thing on your "bucket list"?
6. What is one area of cleaning or housework you detest the most?
7. What would be one thing from your "dream house" that you would add first to you current home?
8. What is your beverage of choice at a restaurant?
9. What is one thing you hope to teach your children?
10. What is your favorite instant movie or show on Netflix?
11.What is your all time favorite go-to dinner recipe?
I can't wait to read your responses! Have fun! Your instructions are the same as mine, you are just not allowed to tag someone who nominated your blog!
3 comments:
Mer- First, let me tell you that I cried when I read that of all people, you'd like to have lunch with me. The feeling is mutual!!!! I miss you! Secondly...do I answer your questions on my own blog? Can't wait to get started! Love you!
Loved reading your answers and finding out more about you!!!!
This was fun to read...even though I knew most of your answers....
Post a Comment