Gracie is not only the happiest little girl we know, but she is a total ham too. She picks up a lot of things from her big brothers, but she can get them giggling at her funny sayings and faces too! She loves reading books, playing peek-a-boo, and knocking down anything her brothers build with blocks. She is also very feminine and loves jewelry! Mommy does not wear a whole lot, but somehow Gracie has gotten quite skilled in putting "bracelet" rings on her arms. Some days she walks around with several on each arm, and she puts them on and takes them off with a flip of the wrist, one hand only!
Gracie loves "talking" on the phone!


She is becoming skilled in walking/running, and can climb all the way up our stairs at home. She is quite the talker as well. Her vocab at this point consists of: "More, up, down, thank you, all done, okay, look, yes, no/nope, please, help, bear, milk, Luke, Ben, Mommy, Daddy, go, dog, book, apple, nose and ear." Gracie's brothers have also taught her to use her shirt to cover her nose and say "Pugh!!!" when she has a dirty diaper or Clara is stinky! She can also make sounds of a dog, sheep, cat, cow, pig, elephant and chicken. It helps to have big brothers, because she used to just cry when she wanted something. The boys now tell her "what do you say?", so she has learned to come to them saying "peas, peas, help, help." It is so cute to watch. She understands everything and follows lots of commands as well.
Gracie is a great eater just like her brothers. Her favorite foods include lunch meat, string cheese, cucumbers, celery, carrots, rice, potatoes, soup, pancakes, eggs, and all fruits. Gracie especially adores citrus just like her Mommy! A few weeks ago I had cut up a grapefruit for breakfast, a favorite of mine. Gracie kept asking for some, so I thought I would let her try some expecting her to find it too sour and that would be the end of that. Boy was I wrong! Gracie ate 3/4 of that grapefruit herself!!!! A few days later when Jeff was home, I cut up another grapefruit, and he could hear Gracie's squeals of delight from the other room. He came in and said "Is she really that excited about grapefruit? She must be your daughter!"
Here is a short clip of our favorite Gracie-isms this month.
We love you sweet baby girl!
4 comments:
Mia loved playing peek-a-boo with you. She laughed and laughed. Happy 15 months!
Precious, precious, precious precious!! She has learned so much in her short 15 months! Can't wait to see her in person! Grammy loves you Gracie!!
Oh she is so sweet! 15 months is such a delightful age! Enjoy every minute of it...can't wait to meet her in person and give her lots of hugs and kisses!
I literally ache looking at those pics and watching the video... I miss all of them so much it hurts!! Each of their little highlights were so precious. I loved being able to see how much they have grown since I have seen them. Give them all lots of hugs and kisses from aunt genty :)
Post a Comment