So we are definitely in count-down stage of this pregnancy. The boys are getting so exited asking every day if today is the day! At our last appointment my OB informed us that she thought it would be sooner than later and did not believe for a moment that we would make it to our due date on the 22nd! The OB is concerned that our little one is going to come pretty quick, and with my fear of delivering at home with three little ones watching, she suggested that next week they just go ahead and break my water so that I am already at the hospital. This is not our first choice, but we are also really afraid of Jeff being at work far away and not getting home in time!
That information has caused a round of activity in our house with last minute details. I was supposed to work this weekend, but decided that I really did not want to go into labor at work (even though it is the hospital) because then I would have hospital germs on me when I first hold our son. :) So, I will no longer be working until after my maternity leave.
My mom was able to bump up her flight and is coming in this Wednesday, and Jeff's parents decided to come down for the weekend to help us out just in case. So now that all these details are taken care of, I have a feeling our son is going to take his sweet time getting here! :)
So, now we wait and countdown the days til we meet baby brother. Last night Luke and Ben both colored pictures, and made sure they found a spot in the suitcase so I can give them to their baby brother when he is born.
Official countdown is 17 days......so stay tuned :)
5 comments:
That is very exciting! We can't wait to meet him!
Oh Boy Oh Boy, can't wait to hear the news. Hope you are not put in a place where you have to deliver at home. Adam had a cousin that happened to. Here is a funny info piece about that. If an ambulance has to take you to the hospital after baby is born, they charge you for two passengers instead of one...even if baby is just a few minutes old. Crazy...I know. Praying for a safe delivery!
So excited! I hope they don't break your water for you...God will take care of the details and baby boy will arrive when he is supposed to. We are praying for you every day!
How how exciting!!! Can't wait to hear about his arrival!
Hang on Mer...Mom is on her way!!!
Post a Comment