Wednesday, February 16, 2011

35 week update!

A few weeks ago Luke and Ben were able to take a sibling class/tour offered at the birth center of the hospital where I will deliver. They did so great and had a blast. They also knew the answers to all the questions since they have already had a baby sibling. (I was so upset I forgot my camera, it was so precious to watch the boys change diapers and look in at the nursery. I wish I had photos to share!)

Last year when Gracie was born it was at the height of H1N1 and the hospital did not allow visitors under 12 years, so the boys never go to visit us in the hospital. They are really excited about getting to visit this time around! During the class there was a video in which a child went with her mother to an OB appointment, and I could see the wheels turning for the boys as they watched. Sure enough in the car on the way home they asked, "Can we go with you to the doctor too?"

At my last appointment, my OB was concerned that our baby boy was going to be big and she wanted to check another ultrasound (she was estimating 9-10lbs!) This week we had our 35 week appointment and from here on out we will have weekly appointments. Since my doctor wanted a repeat ultrasound, we figured that would be a great appointment for the boys to join me.

All is well and healthy. I can definitely tell I am getting closer, but I feel good. I am not sure how accurate the ultrasound is for measuring weight, but they said he was not as big as they first thought, probably between 8-9 pounds. We will see in a few short weeks!

Here are a few of the recent ultrasound shots. Although the ultrasound was to estimate size in 2D, the ultrasound technician said that he was in the perfect position to get some great face shots 3D/4D so she did. (which does not happen a lot at 35 weeks!) What a neat gift to be able to see him this far along! I love the first shot because he actually has his eyes open for a moment!




We were so excited to get to see our son again. We can't wait to see what he looks like in person! We are so glad that the boys were able to join us in seeing this miracle via ultrasound!

6 comments:

Becky Kerger said...

WOW!!! Those are amazing shots of our #15 grandbaby!! I can't wait to meet him!!! Hold on...Grammy's on her way soon!! Hugs and Kisses, Grammy

Tara said...

Those are fantastic ultrasound pics! He looks so handsome already!

Kameron Meyer said...

Oh, so neat!!!! You can already see his features so clearly! We can't wait to see him when he makes his grand entrance into the world! Love and miss you guys!

Turley Family said...

Tessa can't wait to have another cousin! Love and miss you guys!

Kergers said...

What a great experience for the boys. I can't believe he will be here in a few weeks!

Emily Bewley said...

35 Weeks!! He will be here in no time :) That is so cool the boys were able to go with you to your ultrasound.