Just a quick prayer request to anyone who keeps up with our family blog....
Today, I had a fall from our stairs inside the house (only the last three of four stairs), but enough to do a number on my ankle. One huge praise was that my cell phone was nearby and I was able to call my sister Kamie and her husband Josh who had just left 15 minutes before to drive back to Ohio. Kamie and Josh made a U-Turn and headed back our way, and I was able to coach Luke to unlock the door and let them in!
Josh took me to an ER nearby, and Jeff met us there soon after. The x-rays did not show any breaks, so I just have one nasty ankle sprain. After the ER, I was sent across the street to our OB office because all of the chaos had caused me to start having cramps and contractions. Our daughter is fine, and there is no internal bleeding (which is what they were the most worried about). I am however, still having contractions. They seem to be easing up some, and not getting worse....so we are praying this will continue to decrease and not cause us to go into premature labor.
So, please pray that the contractions would stop and that our daughter would be healthy and safe. Please also pray that my ankle would heal quickly and that the pain would start to ease off. Since I am pregnant I can only take Tylenol for pain, and I am in excruciating pain. I also am supposed to be on crutches for the next several weeks, which creates two huge problems. First off, being 33 plus weeks pregnant, I have horrible balance and am having a very difficult time on crutches. Second, I can't work on crutches and am praying that my boss will be able to find some sort of light duty to keep me off my feet.
We keep reminding ourselves that God doesn't give us anything that He won't provide the strength to handle. We are so appreciative of your prayers during this stressful time.
With Love,
Morgan Family
4 comments:
Meredith,
I am so sorry that you fell! Praise God that baby girl is fine and that your ankle is not broken. We will be praying for the contractions to stop (keep drinking lots of water!) and that the pain subsides.
Oh No! We will definitely be praying for your healing and that Ben and Luke can be good little helpers while you are off your feet.
Mer, we are glad that you and baby Morgan are ok. We will be praying that she keeps cooking a little longer and that you will continue to be able to work in some capacity. We love you and wish we could help from afar. Love you
Oh, Meredith! We will be praying for you. Is there anything I can do for you? Keep the boys? Bring some dinner? Please let me know!
Allison Littrell
Post a Comment