Saturday, October 10, 2009

Catching Up

This last two weeks have been so chaotic around here, I haven't had a chance to really blog about the fun stuff going on in our lives. So this post will have to be a catch all for the last two weeks.

Just to update you on my ankle situation. We are managing to survive around here without Mommy being able to do a whole lot. This has put so much extra stress on Jeff, but he has been amazing throughout it all. He is my hero.

The boys rotate between being little helpers and trying to get away with things since Mommy can't chase them down, but all in all they are handling it quite well.

I did see my OB on Friday, and they want to see me back in a week to continue checking to make sure the fall did not injure our little one. They also gave me some pain medicine, which I am very grateful for. We may end up getting a second opinion and more x-rays in a week or so if there is no improvement. I have talked to a few medical friends about my ankle and all agree it seems like more than a sprain. There could be a fracture in the foot, or actual torn ligaments, but we just have to wait and see at this point. I try to keep the use of crutches to a minimum since it seems to set off contractions. I have gotten pretty good at using our computer chair with wheels to move all over downstairs.

So here are just a few pictures of the boys over the last few weeks playing hard!





On Tuesday, Sept 29th, my coworkers threw us a baby shower. Jeff was at school, so the boys got to go with me to help celebrate!




Then last Sunday, Oct 4th my dear friend Emily hosted a baby "sprinkle" for our little one. It is amazing that we have two boys and will soon have one girl. Our house has become filled with pink!!!! Miss Clara and I will soon not be out numbered anymore. I love it! It is so fun to watch the boys' reactions to things. Every time I show them a little outfit or toy that has been given to us, they both say "so cute for tiny baby sister!!"





One of the games we played at the shower was so much fun. Each guest was given a tub of play dough and told to "make a baby" and I got to judge which one I liked the most. There were some pretty creative babies.

Finally, here are a few more photos of our time with Aunt Kamie, Uncle Josh and Jack. Jeff's parents were also able to join us for the weekend of the shower, so we had a full house. Even in our tiny little house, we love to spend time with family, and Luke and Ben just soak up every minute of it that they can get! Poor Miss Clara just puts up with it all and tries to get as much love and hugs from family as she can get too!



Luke and Ben just adore their cousin Jack. The poor little guy was not feeling well and had an ear infection, but they still managed to enjoy each other and had so much fun spending time together. It makes my heart ache that they can't live nearby!



Uncle Josh was a pretty good sport putting up with Luke and Ben's constant begging for "horse rides"!



I miss my nephew Jack so much and wish I could kiss on him more often!!



Here is Grandma reading the boys a book about being a big brother. They love this book that Aunt Kamie brought them and beg to read it all the time!



Okay, so that is our last two weeks in a nutshell. Sorry I got lazy and threw it all together in one post. I think you will forgive me, right?

Thanks for your continued prayers!
Love,
Mer (for the rest of the Morgans!)

3 comments:

The Worthey Family said...

WOW! Sounds like you have had a busy couple of weeks...I have just started watching a 8 week old and so I haven't been online as much, so I am just reading about your fall. I am so sorry, but am so thankful that Baby girl Morgan is doing well! Tommy and I will be praying for you all and for a quick healing for your foot!

Turley Family said...

Such a busy couple of weeks for the Morgan family. We miss you and pray that Baby Morgan continues to grow strong. We can't wait to meet her. Plus we look forward to Luke rubbing on Baby Tessa's head :-) Love you

Kameron Meyer said...

We miss you so much! Thanks again for a great visit. We'll keep praying about your ankle and everything else! Love you!