One day, I was having a particularly rough day. I looked over at Luke and he had the cheesiest grin he could muster. I started laughing like crazy and asked what he was doing. His answer (said like a ventriloquist without loosing the smile) "I am a monkey!!!" That only made me laugh even harder, because I don't know why he thought smiling like that made him a monkey! Either way, both boys precious smiles keep me smiling all the time!

Another day I asked:"Luke what is our new baby's name?"
Luke: "Um...baby Morgan?"
Mommy: "Yes, what else?"
Luke: (said with a funny half grin as he mentally goes down the list of all his Bible stories...) "Baby Isaac? Baby Moses? Baby Noah? Baby Jesus!!!!!"
Mommy: "Pretty sure I am not going to have Baby Jesus!"
(Although I must admit I am glad he is learning his Bible stories!!)
The other day we were sitting at a stop sign in our neighborhood, waiting to pull out. The road in front of our division can at times be extremely busy, and it will take forever to pull out, especially if the person in front of you is on their cell phone and not paying attention to breaks in traffic.
From the back seat this is what we heard from Luke: "good grief car, go, go, good grief!!" (Needless to say, your children can humble you so quickly and remind you that your tongue is a pretty heavy weapon!)
Luke has also decided, since he has now watched his Mommy get sick for close to eight weeks straight, that any time he asks to do something and I say no, it must be because "I know....your tummy hurts!" He then usually proceeds to kiss the "boo-boo" that is currently residing there.
Luke is just an insatiable sponge for words. His new favorite saying is, "what is that??" This question, while showing his inquisitive nature, is usually asked at least 700 times a day. Then to follow his big brother, Ben asks the same question another 500 times a day. This is an especially fun game when we are driving in the car, and I am forced to figure out what they are asking about while driving. Both boys can now correctly identify the difference between a jeep, suv, bronco, dump truck, van, ambulance, police car, fire truck, school bus, regular city bus, mail man truck (including Fedex and UPS) motorcycle, bicycle, concrete trucks, tow trucks and taxis. In addition, without even seeing the vehicle, they can identify the difference between fire, police and ambulance based on how the siren sounds. We are just waiting for the day when they learn the question, "why??"
In other news, Ben is finally getting his two year molars in. This is big news because Ben has been teething and drooling since the day we brought him home, so we are excited to move on from this stage at least for a few years until his other teeth start arriving!

Thank you Lord for these precious sons who keep us smiling and laughing!
2 comments:
Tommy was making fun of me as I read this post...because I was seriously LOL!! Especially, the "good grief car...go, go, good grief" Too funny!! Our little grandson Jacob is into the Why? Everything is Why Mimi? and after I answer him 5 times...I finally just say go ask Granddaddy!!:) Thanks for the laughs!!
The boys are growing in so many ways...way too fast for this long distance Grammy to try and keep up with!! Can't wait until we can enjoy them in person instead of by blog!Love and miss you all...Mom K...Gram
Post a Comment