Okay, so we almost thought we would be introducing a new Morgan member to you today! Thankfully, it was a false alarm!
I made the mistake of working a twelve hour shift at the urgent care. It was their busiest day on record, and they had to close their doors early due to the massive volume of patients. Needless to say, nurses are notorious for being the worst at taking care of themselves. It wasn't until a coworker pointed out the situation that I realized I had been on my feet and working so hard and was having contractions of increasing intensity only three minutes a part! I was hoping I could go home and sleep it off and just get rest. With four babies in four years, and a history of quick labors, we headed to L&D just to be sure and get checked out. I am still a bit early, so we were really praying it would be a false alarm. Not to mention, after 12 hours on my feet, the thought of labor and then a newborn already while so tired was NOT appealing!
Hospital staff kept a close eye on me, and thankfully our prayers were answered. Once resting and off my feet things began to slow down and they gave me the option to go home.
So, needless to say, my working hours are over until several weeks after this little guy arrives! Thankfully Jeff's Mom was able to drive down from VA to help out with the kids, and our ever devoted friend Emily also came to help until Mom could arrive. Jeff's Mom is going to stay until my Mom arrives later this week.
Thank you for your continue prayers for a safe and healthy labor and delivery!
No comments:
Post a Comment