On Sunday our Caleb turned 2 months old. Happy two months to our sweet son!! He is growing and developing so fast. I know it always seems like that with little ones, but with so many little ones in this house, I feel like I can blink and he has grown and I have missed it! I keep trying to tell him to slow down, but alas he has not. I just have to slow down to enjoy every moment with him!
This month Caleb had his first Thanksgiving, trip to the zoo, and train ride. He was dedicated at church, and got to meet his Grandpa Morgan for the first time. Unfortunately, he also had his first major sickness. All the kids have been sick this week, including Caleb. I took him to his 2 month appointment today to find out that he has double ear infections and the beginnings of pneumonia! Poor little guy. He is handling it well so far, but please pray that he will get better quickly and that will not be any reactions to his antibiotics.
Here are his 2 month stats: He is12 lbs, 5 oz and 22.75 inches long! He is growing right on target. He is wearing 3 month clothes and using size 1 diapers.
This month Caleb has found his voice. He loves to coo and smile. He lights up brighter than a Christmas tree when he hears the voice, or sees the face of Mommy, Daddy, or any of his siblings. He is quite the smiley little guy, which delights all of his siblings to no end!
Caleb continues to be a great sleeper. He naps quite a bit during the day, but still usually sleeps for at least 5-6 hours straight each night. (This is prior to getting sick, while sick he is waking up ever 2-3 hours!)
On Saturday Mommy went back to work for the first time. Daddy was in charge of all five (while all five were sick)!! It was difficult for all of us, but Daddy does a fantastic job, and thankfully Caleb took a bottle from him quite well.
Caleb loves to cuddle. He loves to look at lights and bright toys. He loves to be swaddled to sleep.
On occasion, he will take a pacifier for a few minutes, but in general is not a huge fan. He loves to be in the car seat driving, or in his swing. He still loves to be in his Ergo carrier with Mommy the most. He continues to be a pretty mellow, easy going little guy as long as his needs are met. He is trying to grow up way too fast, and keeps rolling his body halfway over to reach toys!
What a joy each new day is, watching him discover his world. Here is video of Caleb's 2nd month!
2 comments:
Oh, he is so cute! He just looks so happy and healthy....but so sad to hear that he isn't so healthy right now! Poor little guy. We are praying for him...and for the other sick kids...and for you as you take care of them and worry about him. Love and miss you...wish we could be close to help out!
Okay, he has grown WAY too fast! He doesn't look like a newborn anymore! What a little cutie. I've been praying for him and the entire sick family! Hope you all are starting to recover. Wish I could help :( Love you!
Post a Comment