Sunday, August 29, 2010

The missing peg on our towel rack

This is a picture of the towel rack in our kids' bathroom:



This towel rack drives the boys crazy, especially Luke, who likes all things to look complete. This towel rack drives him crazy because there is a fourth peg that stands empty with no towel, and no initial above it to mark who the towel belongs to.


Every time Luke and Ben take baths they start the questions all over again. "Who's towel goes there? Why is that one empty???" I have told them that if we have guest who visits, they could use that peg, but that answer never cuts it with them. "No, that is for a towel for a new baby, another sister or brother in Mommy's tummy....."

How do kids know these things??

Because, yes....in a few months it WILL be for another brother or sister!!!!!! This week we were finally able to tell the kids that our family will once again be growing!!



Here is a picture of our newest family member:



So far this baby looks healthy and strong and will be due March 22nd!!! (So I guess, next time when I joke about us being a family of 5 in 5 years on our anniversary I should be careful...because by March and our 6th anniversary we will be close to being a family of 6!!)

The boys are just starting to take in the news. At first they both acted like it was not big news, they just expected there to be another baby soon. They keep calling our baby a "she" because they apparently believe that babies that come out of Mommy's tummy are girls, boys are adopted! :) Later after we shared our news Luke looked deep in thought. I hugged him and told him "you are such a good big brother to Ben and Gracie. Now you will be a good big brother to another baby!" Luke just looked at me and smiled as he shook his head and put his hands on his hips saying "I can't take care of so many!!!" Little does he know that Mommy and Daddy sometimes are overwhelmed with the same thoughts!! We are so thrilled though that God would entrust another precious life to our family! Please pray with us that he/she would grow healthy and strong!

Love,

The growing Morgan Family

9 comments:

Tara said...

Congratulations!!!! I had this sneaking suspicion that this news was where this post was heading! Yay! So happy for you. 4 children is a blast! You will love being a family of 6!

Kathy said...

Congratulations!!! This is such fun news. I'm glad that Luke has help from Ben and Gracie to help take care of the new little one, and he won't have to do it all himself! :)

Becky Kerger said...

This Gram is doing the happy dance with another precious grandbaby to celebrate and love! Can't wait to come and help...doubling up on my vitamins to get ready! Love you all...(all 6!!) and miss you bunches, Mom K...Gram

Esquire's Wife said...

Yay!!! What exciting news! Congratulations!

Turley Family said...

YAY FOR BABY MORGAN COUSIN #4!! We are so happy to have another one on the way. God is truly blessing our families with all these little ones to be BFFs with each other. Love you and can't wait!

Uncle Adam, Aunt Reagan and Tessie

Emily Bewley said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for your growing family. Ben and Luke don't let a whole lot slip past them. Maybe they will be police officers too. I hope you are feeling well.

nicole said...

Congratulations! Adam told me on Sunday that Luke was going to have a baby sister and I corrected him and said he already does! WOW that is awesome!

Kameron Meyer said...

We are so excited!!! Somehow that towel rack will look a whole lot more complete with another letter above it! We love you all so much and are so happy for you - the more cousins the better!

The Worthey Family said...

Congratulations!! Unlike Tara I had No idea the post was heading that way!! And apparently I haven't read your blog in a while!! We are so excited for you all!! Congrats again!! :)