Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Shoes, Uncle Imitation, and Jumping Monkeys

As I posted recently....both of the boys are becoming quite independent. Luke is getting better every day in getting himself dressed.....and helping Ben while he is at it! :) Here are a few shots of him putting his shoes on (yes, he knows his left from his right!!)





And of course....big brother to the rescue for Ben!



Just about every morning that I am home with the boys we have been taking a walk around the neighborhood. The boys always want to wear their hats. For some reason a week or two ago, both boys started giggling and putting their hats on backwards. When I asked them why, their only reply was...."Like Jake!" Jake is one of their uncles in Arizona....who apparently wears his hat backwards. I was amazed they would remember this small detail from seeing him in May!


And last but not least.....here is a video of Luke "reading" his new favorite book, Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed.

6 comments:

Tara said...

Oh they are just growing up before our eyes! Loved the video at the end.

The Worthey Family said...

Great job reading Luke!! They are both growing so fast! They are going to seem huge when their little sister arrives!! :)

Becky Kerger said...

Growing up way too fast!!! Love the hats and the smiles....but the best was hearing Luke read his book...how great is that???? Can't wait for him to read to Grammy in person! 12 more weeks..give or take a day or two...
Love and miss you all
Mom...Grammy

Kathy said...

We've never met, but I am good friends with Tara. Our family is adopting from Ethiopia through CWA. We've read your story, and needless to say, adore your boys. So glad you have shared your journey, as it is a real encouragement!

Kameron Meyer said...

So cute!! Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed is one of Jack's favorite books, too! He laughs when we shake our finger and say, "No more monkeys jumping on the bed!" I saw Luke do that same motion and it is too cute! We love you and miss you!

Maria said...

love it!