Monday, August 3, 2009

Big boy bed transition!!!

Last weekend Jeff and I had the chance for a weekend away. Okay, so we didn't go away, the boys spent the weekend with their grandparents in Virginia! (Just a note, I loved the weekend to ourselves just as much as if we had spent it at a B&B!) This was such an awesome gift to be able to have a whole weekend to tear our house apart to change over the boys room from a nursery with cribs to big boy beds with police and fire fighting decor! Jeff also got to paint our old guest room to make room for the new nursery next door for our baby girl! Don't worry, we still slept in late and went on dates too....it wasn't all just hard work.




We were not sure how the boys would react to the change, but they have done really well. After our weekend of rearranging, Jeff and I drove up and spent the rest of the week with family and friends in Virginia. Over the next few days I will try to post some pictures and stories of our week. When we came home Sat. night it was pretty late, but the boys were wide awake when they saw their new beds. Luke walked in and said "What does this mean???" (Which is his new favorite question to ask!) It means our little boys are growing up and sharing their crib and nursery items with their baby sister!

4 comments:

Tara said...

What a wonderful new room! We have actually ordered big beds for ours too! I am so glad that yours transitioned well to them. I pray ours do too!

Gentry said...

"What does this mean?" We are in hysterics over this newest addition to the infamous family one-liners!! They look so adorable in their big beds...can't wait to see them and tuck them in for myself in a few weeks! Love you all bunches, Mom...Grammy

Becky Kerger said...

OKAY...that last commnet was mine not Gens...we are apparently both signed in...who knew?
Love, Mom

Turley Family said...

Cute cute cute! They are growing up way too fast. I guess that is how it goes though.