Sunday, May 8, 2016

Happy Mother's Day

I will be honest, this was a tough week! We had rain every day and some really stir crazy kids! The school year is close to finishing and we are all ready for a summer break. I was feeling a bit overwhelmed and down. I felt guilty going into Mother's day, a complete fail for the week! Church this morning was refreshing, and just the reminder this battle weary Mama needed to hear. It's so easy to get focused on the day to day school work, meal planning and prep, and seemingly endless messes, drama, and laundry! I can often forget the bigger picture, the most amazing mission field in the world right in my own home.

 

So today I celebrate. Not because I am a perfect mother, (hardly)! I celebrate because in 2008 God started my motherhood journey with these two precious little boys. Two sons who have taught me the important lesson of choosing to love, love in a way that God loves us. I celebrate, because despite the heartache and loss of birth mothers, God still chose to make me Luke and Ben's forever Mommy.


I celebrate because in 2009 God chose to allow me the amazing experience of carrying a child for 9+ months, giving me my only daughter, Grace. Again, God showing that He is indeed the giver of good and perfect gifts.


I celebrate because in 2011 God continued to bless my journey as a mother. This time with a round cheeked, gentle-natured son, Jacob.


I celebrate the precious addition in 2012 of my shy, night-owl son Caleb. Remembering that no matter how many times God has blessed me.....this sense of awe and wonder at being entrusted to a guide and protect never gets old!


I celebrate the blessing of my son, Isaac, who's name literally means "laughter." God constantly uses this little one in my life to bring joy, laughter, and light heartedness.



I celebrate the mothers in my life that have paved the way before me, and continue to stand by and encourage me, and cheer-lead me along on the rough days. The mothers that had such a beautiful influence in both my life, and my husbands. We are so grateful for these awesome Moms (ie. Grammy and Grandma!)




Thank you Lord for the humbling responsibility of being a Mother. Help me to keep my eyes fixed on you and not the To-Do List that keeps growing. Help me to remember the bigger picture and the precious mission field inside our own home!

2 comments:

Becky Kerger said...

So well said, my precious daughter. He refines us as we parent and guide the ones He has entrusted us with. Still on this day thankful for you being one of the 7 He used to refine me!! Love and am SOOO very proud of you!!!! MUUUUUUUAAAAWWWWHHHH!!!!!

Kameron Meyer said...

What a beautiful post, Mer! I celebrate right along side of you, sweet sister! So blessed to share this motherhood journey with you!