Langley Air Force base had their 100 year anniversary celebration Air Show! This was the base I was stationed at when I met Jeff! There is so much amazing history to this base! It was so much fun sharing my love for the Air Force and the "Sound of Freedom" (jet noise) with our kiddos!
One of the highlights was meeting an Air Force helicopter pilot who graduated from the Air Force Academy after being homeschooled!! The kids were fascinated with all the info he told them about the helicopters.
More helicopters!
We were able to watch the Army Golden Knights pack up their parachutes. They also autographed pictures for the kids, awesome!!! It's hard to believe we watched these guys fly out of planes later that afternoon!
Kids play area with a climbing mountain.
Yes, this is our daughter climbing like a spider to the top of that mountain! Crazy Grace!
We spent some time in the NASA tent playing with their robots!
So much fun watching all those amazing flying feats!
We got to see the new F-35, and Ben got to hold the hi-tech helmet which is worth over $400,000 and allows the pilot to see 360 degrees outside his plane inside the helmet!
Here are the Golden Knights parachuting!
We love the Air Force and all the history surrounding Air Power!

2 comments:
Go Air Force!!! I love that our kids are developing a love for the Air Force now, too. Wish we could have been there at Langley with you...what an amazing experience! Love you guys!
What a Once In A Lifetime Experience! I think it will have long range impact on a certain 6 Morgans that I know and love!! Each and every photo tells another exciting learning moment. I have to admit I am pretty stinking impressed with Rock Climbing, Ballerina Gracie!!! I truly think we will be seeing your children and probably Kams in this uniform one day and Grammy will be proud...just like I was with their sweet Mamas!!! Go Team Morgan!!! Love and miss you all!!!
Post a Comment