Monday, January 12, 2015

A Very Belated Catch-up

I don't even know how to catch up on my blogging! The Morgan family has had a rough start in 2015, especially for me. Eleven years ago I had surgery to fix a very unstable shoulder that would frequently dislocate. On New Years day I awoke to stretch and roll out of bed. My right shoulder dislocated and my hubby and kids had to drive me to the ED. I spent several hours in severe pain before the shoulder "popped" back into place. I am now dealing with either a compressed or severed nerve from the trauma of the dislocation. I will have a nerve study and follow up with an Orthopedic Surgeon next week. Please keep this situation in your prayers. All that to say, I have a great excuse for being so lax in my blogging!

As a quick catch up, here is a slew of Christmas photos for you to enjoy!


Grandma and Grandpa Morgan came to visit the weekend before Christmas. The kids were so excited when we opened our curtains that AM to find that it was snowing!! So, even though we had to celebrate our Christmas early due to work schedules, we had a white Christmas!








Monday before Christmas we celebrated our family Christmas.






This year was the first year we decided to do a secret sibling gift exchange. The kids had so much fun picking out a gift for their secret sibling. It was a highlight of our morning. This is a tradition that still continues with my own siblings.


This is probably one of my favorite pictures of this season. I don't think Luke's smile could be any bigger!






Here Luke is trying out some of his new science experiment kits.


These are also favorite random pictures. Gotta love big brothers that can give piggy back rides and read stories!



Gracie enjoying her new outfits for her baby Joy!


One of our favorite family gifts was a set of building planks from our secret sibling Uncle Nick and Aunt Katie!




Another highlight, was that Grandma and I were able to take the oldest four to a production of the Nutcracker Ballet. We have been studying Tchaikovsky this year. The kids absolutely loved it! All four were absolutely enthralled. So that is a quick overview of our Christmas celebrations. What a blessing it is to watch the joy of the season and celebrate the birth of our Savior with our children and family.

2 comments:

Esquire's Wife said...

Your Christmas letter and card were lovely! We're so sorry to hear of your shoulder struggle and we will be praying that God gives the docs wisdom, and that He heals you.

This was our first year to do the secret sibling exchange, also. We gave the parameters that their gift had to be a book. It was a fun new tradition that we too will be continuing!

Happy New Year...may 2015 only improve! ;)

Becky Kerger said...

Yay for Christmas traditions and family fun!!! Boo for torn shoulders and Mommy hurting....praying things can somehow be healed so Mommy is not in pain. Love and miss you all.