Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day Reflections

Happy Mother's Day!  On this special day, I am so grateful for these six little people whom I have the joy to Mother.

Mother's Day is always somewhat bittersweet for me. It is a day that I remember that there are two birth mothers whose loss allowed me to become a Mommy for the first time. My sons Luke and Ben were not carried in my body, but prayed for since I was a young girl with a heart for adoption.

 

 

I love you my sweet Luke!

 

 

I love you my sweet Ben!

 



In 2009 God allowed me to continue experiencing the amazing joy of mothering with the birth of our first biological child.

I love you my sweet Gracie!

 

 

In 2011, God allowed me to be the Mother of Jacob.

 

 

I love you my sweet Jacob!


In 2012, I was blessed again with the birth of my Caleb.

 

 

I love you my sweet Caleb!


Now, in 2014 my blessing Isaac joined my brood! :)

 

 

I love you my sweet Isaac!


The enormous task of mothering this group of little ones makes me appreciate even more the Mothers that made such an impact on our own lives. Thank you for the incredible sacrifice of investment into our lives and the lives of your Grandchildren. We love you.



3 comments:

Becky Kerger said...

And my journey continues through you as you allow me love to your sweet babes as their Grammy!! Thank you for sharing them with me!! Hold on my sweet girl, the ride will get even more busy as they get older...love them bunches while you can. I love and miss you, Happy Mothers day...Love, MA

Kameron Meyer said...

You are such a good Mama! Loved seeing...and remembering...them all as new little ones in your arms! Love you!

Turley Family said...

Happy Mother's Day sister! We love your brood too!