Wednesday, December 14, 2011

O Tannenbaum....

The kids have had such a blast with our Christmas tree this year. They love to just lay underneath and look at it. They also helped me put all the decorations on this year. (Funny, it seems our tree is a bit heavy laden on the lower half.....) We also have been going through a fun advent calendar that has an ornament story for each day. The kids really seem to look forward to this simple tradition.

Here are some of my favorite Christmas tree shots this year.

This was Jacob's first introduction to the tree, his face lit up brighter than the tree did. Priceless!

I remember loving to lay underneath our tree when I was young too!





Okay, I must admit. Matching Christmas pajamas is a huge weakness for me. I just love them!

There will be no official December school blog post. We have completed our work for this month and then just played for the holidays. We also made NINE different kinds of Christmas cookies to share with our neighbors! The kids had so much fun ringing doorbells and acting like little Christmas elves.

Here the kids are helping me take off wrappers of Hersey kisses to make Peanut Butter Blossoms....a true test of self control to not eat the kisses! (P.S Only one of our children did not pass the test, but I won't tattle who it was! Surprisingly enough it was not choco-lover Gracie!!)

Hope you are enjoying this advent season as well!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Love all your pictures and their matching PJ's! So happy you've had a relaxing holiday!!!

Becky Kerger said...

Can't wait to celebrate with you all. Love the matching jammies...1 more wake up!!