Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Pictures

Just wanted to share some of my favorite photos from our Christmas card photo shoot. Last year we received a really nice camera for Christmas. It truly is the gift that keeps on giving. I just love taking pictures of my kids! Several people have asked me who took the pictures and where. The most common question I have received is "how do you get four small kids to cooperate?" So, I will share a few of my secrets!

First of all, we did this photo shoot the day before my birthday. So Jeff spent quite a bit of time coaching the kids. "Picture taking isn't fun for us, we don't love it, but Mommy does, and we love Mommy.......so, we are going to show Mommy we love her by having fun and taking nice pictures...." etc. When the kids were getting dressed I overheard Luke saying several times "I love taking pictures!" Best birthday present ever!

Jeff's school campus is gorgeous. It is my all time favorite place to take pictures. Our photos were taken on the front steps of the chapel. Here is a photo of the whole chapel in the summer.


I usually am the photographer and Daddy is the attention getter behind me to get all the kids to look in one direction!

I love this picture because Gracie saw something that looked like a bee and freaked out. She hid behind her brothers to protect her.

My next secret is speed. We took all of these pictures (and lots more) in less than 15-20 minutes. I promise the kids to be fast and we avoid long drawn out photo shoots and melt downs.


Finally, my best secret to great photo shoots......the promise of the silly pictures. The kids know that if they cooperate we will have a chance to take silly face pictures at the end. This really is a motivator for them and it saves up all the silly faces and crossed eyes to the end.




Merry Christmas!

No comments: