Thursday, August 4, 2011

Prey and Predator

So I think it is pretty usual for little boys to play cops and robbers or cowboys and Indians, right? How about Prey and Predator? We have found a wonderful series of books by Sandra Markle in our library. Each book is about a prey, predator or scavenger animal. The boys LOVE these books. In fact, the other day I came into the room and they were playing "Prey and Predator". Ben was upset because he was tired of being the "prey Zebra" and wanted to be the "predator lion"! Ben said "I don't know how to be the prey." To which Luke responded, "pretend to eat grass Ben!"




Now whenever we are reading any book and an animal is discussed, the boys debate whether it is prey or predator, scavenger or both!

1 comment:

Becky Kerger said...

What clever, well read little boys you have there...Grammy Loves them SO much!I want to come back and play too...afraid I would always be the prey since I don't move very fast!! Hugs and Kisses to all, Mom K...Gram