Saturday, August 20, 2011

Box Fun

Last week we had great fun with a huge box! There are so many ways to play with a box! Mommy has posted before about our love of boxes. Here are a few new ways we enjoyed a box this week! :)

When Mommy came home from running errands, she couldn't find Daddy and the boys because they were hiding QUIETLY in the box! :)




I would love to own a kid size play kitchen, but alas our square footage just won't allow it. Instead, we improvised and made a kitchen from our box. Mommy is going crazy because it takes up so much room, but that is okay. We are having fun!

This is our oven and stove top.


The boys love making Mommy muffins for breakfast!


Here is our fridge....."Hmmm. What to eat? So many choices!"



After the box kitchen got a bit smashed we turned our box into a store. After shopping the aisles we checked out at the register. (We took out the leaf in the table to make a checkout aisle! :)




Then we turned our box into a boat.



Now our box is broken down and set to be recycled this week. It was fun while it lasted!

6 comments:

Tara said...

Those are some very creative ways to use that box! I am impressed!

Gentry said...

I seriously just cried reading that and seeing those pictures. SO precious! What creative kids you have. I ache I want to play with them so bad. Can't wait til christmas!!!! Give them hugs for me until then.

Kathy said...

Every one of those ideas is awesome, and I'm so impressed with how well you all made things out of a box!

Becky Kerger said...

There is nothing quite like playing pretend for little ones. Your kids get and AAAA+++ in imagination!! What fun times together...glad you took pictures to capture the memories! Love and miss you all, Ma...Gram

Kameron Meyer said...

How fun!!!! Big boxes are so much fun...but the biggest Jack has had to work with is the one from George's car seat! We can only imagine the fun he would have with this...and with those fun cousins! Love you all!

Turley Family said...

Man, you guys are creative! Wish we could have fun with you! Love you guys.