Each day as I watch our little ones play and interact I am just awe struck by how well they do together, and how much they love one another. That alone makes every stress and struggle worth it. I think it is one of the absolute highlights of parenting! It also makes me homesick for my sisters and brothers BIG TIME!!!
Just as a quick example, each of the kids has a piggy bank with four slots and "stickers" on each slot designating it for spending, saving, giving, and investing. On Luke's "saving" slot he has a picture of a bike. (When we first started the banks he did not have a bike....but now he does thanks to Grandma and Grandpa at Christmas.)
Well, for his birthday Luke received five, one dollar bills. He put one bill in each slot and asked where he should put the last dollar. I told him he could choose. He put it in the "saving" (ie. bike slot). I asked him, "So if you already have a bike, what are you saving your money for now?" His answer, "I am saving my money to buy Gracie a bike when she is big enough to ride!"

Precious, precious. See what I mean? Doesn't that just make getting up early and having limited free time to myself worth it?
3 comments:
What a precious memory for your Mama's heart! Those special moments will exponentially expand as they get older...why do you think I love all you guys so MUCH??? The gift of siblings keeps on giving even as they get older...love you, your sibs and your children/family...it goes on and on...Ma
It sure is worth it! Had one of those moments myself. Jack was having a rough night, waking a lot in tears, trouble going back to sleep even though he was in our bed. While George was still sleeping, he reached his hand over to find Jack, the two brothers clasped hands and fell right to sleep. My heart ached with the beauty of it. Enjoy those sweet, loving kids of yours!
Sweet, sweet post. Siblings are so special!!!
Post a Comment