Sunday, January 9, 2011

A day in the life of Gracie....

Good morning friends! So often we "blog" about the exciting and fun things we do. This blog is dedicated to the ordinary every day events of my life. (Next post will be about my big brothers!)

Mommy and Daddy (and most people who meet me) think that I am the happiest baby on earth! I really do wake up playing and laughing, waiting for Mommy to come get me out of my crib.



I love reading books, or "boots" as I call them. Morning, afternoon and night I love books! Mommy lets me read a book while she changes my diaper in the morning. My favorite books have animals. I can say what sounds a doggie, sheep, and elephant say. I have several books memorized and I "help" Mommy and Daddy read them to me.



After I say good morning to my brothers we go downstairs for breakfast. Before every meal, I always remind my family to pray by folding my hands.

Something new this month....I love to eat with proper tableware. Yes, I refuse to eat things off of my tray anymore, I am growing up and insist on having everything in a bowl or plate with silverware! I want to do EVERYTHING my big brothers do, and if I see that they have something on their plate that I do not, I point and say "this, this". I am still working on eating with the silverware, but I actually do get quite a bit of food in my mouth. Sometimes I cheat and I hold the spoon with one hand, put the food in the other hand and place it on the spoon, then put it in my mouth!




After breakfast is some playtime until my morning nap. I LOVE playing with my big brothers!

Sometimes we line up our cars and pretend we are a train...



sometimes we read books...



and sometime we have a tea party!



After my morning nap I get ready for my day and help Mommy brush my hair.



Of course between naps and meals is more play time. (Sometime we run errands too)

Here I am standing, trying to decide whether to walk or not. I have only taken a few wobbly steps on my own so far....but I am working on it! I love watching how excited my big brothers get when I stand on my own and take a few steps!



I like to play all kinds of things. Some of my favorite toys are any bottles or boxes that have lids. I love to try to put on, or take off lids.



I also like to go shopping. I have my own shopping cart, a purse, and a cell phone for a complete day of shopping.



In a lot of my pictures you will see my bear. I never liked pacifiers...but boy am I attached to my bear. I originally had two, but we lost one somewhere. Mommy and Daddy didn't think it was a big deal until I was sick one day and Mommy had to wash my bear. I usually am pretty happy but after a long bear-less night, Mommy and Daddy made sure that will not happen again, so now I have three. Whenever I see my bear I stop what I am doing to hug it and say "ah ber, ah ber". Mommy says that even when she lays me down for naps or at night time she can hear me talking in my room, hugging my bear and saying "ah ber"



When it is time for a meal, I like to help my brothers clean up. Then I crawl to my chair and wait for Mommy or Daddy to put me up into my highchair. Then of course, I remind everyone that it is time to pray! I also love to help by cleaning my face and hands after I am done eating.





One of my favorite times of the day is bath time. I just love playing in the bath. I have figured out how the drain works, so if Mommy pulls the drain to end bath time.....sometimes I push it back down so I can keep playing!





After bath time, Mommy or Daddy help me get ready for bed. This is my favorite time of day to cuddle. I always fold my hands and remind them to pray with me before bed and say "Nigh, Nigh" to my brothers with hugs and kisses. I sleep from 7 PM to about 7:30 AM. I need lots of rest because as you can see I lead a pretty busy life!

6 comments:

Becky Kerger said...

Goodness Gracie...such a busy little girl you are! Grammy can't wait to come visit in March and have tea parties and play with you and the boys! Your smile is melting hearts all the way to AZ!!! Love and miss you all, Gram

Gentry said...

This post seriously just brought me to tears! She has done so much since I was there and has gotten so big! I miss waking up to her on top of me in that little adorable onezie and that cute little smile... I miss you all. <3

Turley Family said...

So cute!

Kergers said...

Love this post Mer!

Kameron Meyer said...

Oh my goodness...seeing these precious pictures of that beautiful girl I've never met made me cry! I love her so much...and all of you. Hugs and blessings to you all...an extra kiss for sweet Gracie!

Emily Bewley said...

I love your post as well. Can I steal your idea please? What a special way to caputre her day. Can't wait to see the a day in the life of Ben and Luke :)