Our little one is growing so fast! Here are our developments for this month:
-She is sitting pretty well on her own.
-She babbles a lot!!!
-She like to grab hold of her brothers when playing but doesn't want to let go. So, we are teaching her to be gentle. She rubs their heads and says "ahhhhhh" and then they all giggle.
-She is eating three "meals" a day with our family. Each new item introduced she did not like at first, but now she is eating everything very well.
-She has graduated to size 3 diapers (well she still fits size 2, but Mommy refuses to buy a Costco size box of size 2's cause she will be out of them soon!) She is mostly in 6 month and 6-9 month clothes, although she can wear a few of her 9 month clothes too.
-She has her first tooth!
-She can grasp things with two fingers.
-She is desperate to be on the move. She can "crawl" backwards, which is more like a scoot, but it gets her to where she wants to go, namely wherever Luke and Ben are! She also gets up on her knees and then cries in frustration when she is not moving!
As a side note, my sister gave me a wonderful book at my shower about making homemade baby pureed food. I was totally intimidated at first, but I am hooked and so is Gracie! It is so easy. The food is so mush fresher, it is incredibly easy, and best of all...cheap!! Most things are just steamed, pureed (I have a hand held blender that works great), and then placed into ice cube trays to freeze. Once frozen, I pop out the "cubes" of pureed food and place in ziplock bags that have been labeled. Each cube of food is about 1 ounce, or 2 cubes equals one small baby food jar.
As an example of how cheap this is, I got four large sweet potatoes for less than $1.25. Washed them, covered in foil, and baked for over an hour while we were outside swimming. While the kids napped I spooned out the contents, added a little milk, pureed, and just like that I had two ice cube trays full of ready to eat sweet potatoes! (That equals at least 16 baby food jars that would cost at least $8 at the store!)
I am still new at this, but I love it! If you have tried this before and have any tips I would love to hear them! So far, the ones that I have tried are: sweet potatoes, pumpkin, butternut squash, carrots, prunes, apples, avocado, spinach, pears, bananas, and peas.
Here are the photos of this month with our Gracie, enjoy!
3 comments:
...and what a precious 7 months it has been since she was added to our lives!! Cute baby and cute pictures..wish she and all of you were CLOSER!!! Hugs and Kisses, Grammy
I love these pictures...my favorite one is when she is sleeping in the swing with a blankie! So sweet! I can't get over those cute leg rolls that make me want to travel to NC just to chew on! :-) Love you all!
Happy 7 months dear little Gracie, we love you!
Post a Comment