One of my favorite traditions in our church is that on the Sunday before Easter the young children get to walk through the main church service waving Palm branches, to celebrate Palm Sunday. I am not quite sure why I love it so much, but it always brings me to tears. Just the innocence of those little ones and the significance of what Palm Sunday stands for gets me every time! I was thrilled when I found out that this year the boys were old enough to participate! (Jeff, by the way did warm me that he did not think Luke would ever go through with it). We talked about it all last week to prepare them and the boys were excited. They know the Easter story well and were so excited to get to wave palm branches. In fact, we had to dissuade Luke from putting pieces of his clothes on the floor like the people did for Jesus' triumphal entry into Jerusalem. Sunday morning we lined up to go (Daddy got the choice to walk with the boys or take pictures, he chose the latter). Both boys were excited until the doors to the church opened up and Luke heard the adults singing. He proceeded to have a melt down as predicted by Daddy. So Mommy stayed with Luke and some nice man who was helping with the children walked with Ben since he still wanted to go. Maybe next year we will listen to Daddy (or Daddy will get to take the boys)!
Here are just a few pictures of our Palm Sunday.
Ben proudly waving his palm branch.
Gracie with her Sunday school teacher, Ms. Nina.
My handsome men!
Our three little ones.
Happy Easter Week!!
3 comments:
Not quite sure why I got such a kick out of this story...I know you were all excited...but all of a sudden I remembered you refusing to get on stage for the dance recital...like Mommy, like son, I guess, eh?? No matter what transpires it all makes for good stories to tell them when they are older...I love them all...palm branches or no palm branches...
Always, Mom K...Grammy
Poor little Luke, so precious how prepared he was though. Happy Easter Week Morgan Family. We love you.
Oh, how sweet! I love how he wanted to put his clothes down. I hope Jack will soon know the story as well as your boys. Enjoy this special week. Love you all!
Post a Comment