We are off tomorrow to drive to PA to visit with Jeff's family for Thanksgiving. We are so thankful for the opportunity to see family and possibly even some snow!!! (Yes we have seen lots of snow flurries this week but nothing substantial, I have had several people ask since our last post! :)) Even though Luke and Ben are so young, we have been trying to begin teaching them about the real meaning behind our holiday seasons. It is so amazing to watch their little minds at work as they process all these new sights, sounds, and adventures. This week we had an opportunity to put together a "Blanket Bundle". A local radio station collects new blankets with canned goods to give to a rescue mission in town. Luke and Ben had a blast helping us put the bundle together and deliver it with Daddy.

So, in light of Thanksgiving this week, I thought I would give you a list of the top ten things we are thankful for this year.
1. Warm blankets and heat in our home
2. God's provision for us to go to work and school without daycare
3. Family that is close, even if they are miles away
4. Early morning giggles and cuddle time
5. Night time Bible Stories and Family prayer time
6. Healthy strong bodies
7. Loving and supportive friends and church family
8. Working cars and home appliances
9. Innocent toddler delight in the seasons with flowers, swimming pools, autumn leaves, and snow.
10. God's gift of making us a family this year
May you have a safe, blessed Thanksgiving, grateful for the every day gifts God has given you!
Love,
Jeff, Mer, Luke and Ben
1 comment:
Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow! My heart thrills to see your precious little ones already learning about giving and doing for others. I am grateful for Gods provision of grandsons...3 of them in this year. I am truly blessed! I love you all...Happy Thanksgiving! Always, Mom...Grammy
Post a Comment