Sunday, April 9, 2017

The newest member of the Morgan Family

We would like to introduce to you the newest member of the Morgan family......Bella! For the last six years since we have lost Clara, we have always longed to have another dog, especially a Mastiff. Yet, with so many young children in the house, we were never quite sure about taking in a rescue or going through puppy stage either! We kept putting it off. But, we love Mastiffs, love dogs, and really want our kids to grow up with a dog!

So, just last week I happened to check on Craigslist and I found a family that owns a large farm that uses Great White Pyrenees and Mastiffs as working herding and guard dogs. They had a picture of the cutest puppies ever and I was hooked! After corresponding back and forth, we decided to go ahead a make the 1.5 hour trip on a Sunday afternoon, "just to visit!"

 

That visit was such a blessing to our family! This sweet family spent hours showing our curious kids their farm and animals. They are also a large homeschooling family! We have found new friends through this experience! Needless to say, we ended up not just visiting.....but bringing home this beautiful sweet three month old puppy, which we named Bella!

 

I know we are a bit biased, but seriously, she is the cutest thing ever!

 

 Six clean bathed children, plus one clean bathed puppy!!!



The kids have spent HOURS outside playing with her! Since she was raised on a farm, during the day she prefers to play outside. At night she sleeps inside in Mommy and Daddy's room! In two days she learned her name, to sit, come, and play fetch (much to the kids delight!) She is super smart, well tempered, and just about as sweet as they come.




She is quite the charmer, and had everyone at her recent vet visit absolutely wrapped around her little paws! She weighed in at just over 35 pounds! Her father was 100% Mastiff, and her mother was 50% Mastiff, 50% Pyrenees, both weigh between 80-100 pounds, so she still has a lot of growing to do! The vet said she was the best tempered, easy going, and "most beautiful" puppy he had seen for quite some time! (We agree!)


All of the kids thanked us about a million times on the car ride home. They are all adjusting well to her, and surprisingly, only Isaac seems to be a bit scared of her. Gracie cracked us up by saying, "Well, I  guess I finally have a sister, almost!"

 

This sweet girl has only been a part of our family for one week.....but as you can tell, she is LOVED!









2 comments:

Kameron Meyer said...

I was hoping we'd get a puppy update soon! She is just beautiful and I am so happy you are all so in love with her! I have to say...a few tears in my eyes...knowing how my boys would respond to a puppy of their own....but seems we need to wait a while longer. Love you guys! (Wish you could bring her with you on your trip, hee hee! The boys already asked if you would!)

Becky Kerger said...

Happy Puppy addition!!! Love a household full of kids and a dog!!! She looks amazing and will have a wonderful time bouncing from loving kid to loving kid!! What a life!!