Saturday, September 14, 2013

Our Move: Part 1

On Monday August 26th we packed up all our belongings to begin the next adventure of the Morgan family in a new house. The kids really did well, despite all the chaos over the last few weeks. They loved helping Mommy and Daddy pack and get ready for the move.



On the actual day of pack up, we had sweet friends that took the older kids to play and give us space to work. Caleb got to stay with us, and we all took turns trying to entertain him.


Two of Jeff's coworkers were a great help to us that day. Caleb even let one of them hold him!


I've mentioned before that my hubby is a master packer. I did not think it would all make it into the truck, but he and his coworker did an amazing job utilizing every square inch of that truck!

It was an exhausting day.



The kids got to spend our last night sleeping on sleeping bags together.


Tuesday we did the final packing/cleaning and headed out to sign our closing documents after some quick goodbyes to sweet neighbors.

This picture was an attempt at naps for the kids before we left. I say attempt because I don't think any of them actually slept! :)


When Jeff and I first moved into this house, we were newlyweds with just Clara to worry about. We thought we would only be here for a few years while Jeff attended school. Now, leaving eight years later we have many sweet memories in this house. All five of our children came home to this spot. Despite the increasingly tight quarters this house has been a great one for laughs, tears, giggles and learning. Now God has provided our next home and next place to build memories.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Leaving one place is always hard, but I know that God has such great plans in store for the next place!

Becky Kerger said...

Your home was a great one for the memory books! Now, onto bigger and more spacious and room for running in the back yard!! Can't wait to see pictures!! Love and miss you all...where will Grammy sleep when she visits??