Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Gotta love boys!

So it is official, we have finished another semester. I say we, because Luke, Ben and I are going to school with Daddy too, it is a whole family affair! We are so proud of Daddy for finishing this semeseter that was a really difficult one, and now we call all take a deep breath and finally enjoy the season! Luke and Ben know Jeff's school so well that if we drive within a two mile radius Luke shouts out from the back seat, "Daddy, school!"
Anyway, while Jeff was finishing his paper up to turn in, the boys were playing. I had a bright idea that I would pull out my old Cabbage Patch dolls from the attic. Luke and Ben love babies, so I knew they would be an instant hit, with the hope that they would play quietly and give Jeff some time to work on his paper.
They LOVED them! At first they held the dolls, hugged them and cuddled with them, and generally played with them like I would have as a little girl. Jeff started laughing and I looked back and was hit by the realization that I am the mother of two very active little boys! Luke was caught with the play knife from their kitchen set trying to give one of the dolls a haircut and then he had one of the doll's with drawers down sitting on a toy saying "Mommy, baby go potty!" Gotta love life with boys!!! They are so much fun!



We are headed out today to celebrate and early Christmas with Jeff's family in Virginia! More updates later!
Love,
Mer

3 comments:

Kurt and Kayla said...

How fun! I had lost track of your blog and then saw you were following ours. I didn't even know I had any "followers"! The boys' look great! I look forward to following you now:)

Larry and Joy said...

I'm so excited to find your blog. We have thought of you often and wondered how everyone was doing. The boys are adorable and wow have they grown!
Take Care,
Larry and Joy

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff and Mer. My name is Amber, and I was referred to your blog by a woman who shared your embassy date. We are waiting for a referral for 2 boys under 2 from ET, with at least 9 months between them. I am so happy to find a family that has done the same thing- and didn't already have 3 or more kids :) These will be our first children, too. So, I'd love to chat with you via phone or email and find out a little more about what we are getting ourselves into :) When you have a chance, please email me at ambermagnuson@hotmail.com