
I think I must admit, the hardest question that we get asked on a daily basis is "are they brothers??" Now, I know what people are really trying to say, they are trying to ask if they have the same biological parents, in which case the answer is no. God chose a differernt route to make them brothers. But why does everyone have this incredibly insensitive desire to know if they share the same genes or not? At times we have just simply answered yes, hoping that would end the discussion. It usually doesn't, because then the stranger in Walmart wants to know how close in age they are, which is usually followed by a rude remark about them being so close in age. There is just no easy answer to that question.
Yes, they are indeed brothers, they have a Dad and a Mom that love them, and an entire extended family of grandparents, uncles, aunts and cousins. They are absolutely lost without one another. 
We wake up in the mornings to peels of laughter coming from their bedroom as they wake each other up by tossing stuffed animals into each others cribs from across the room and making faces at one another through the crib slats. Ben copies everything his big brother Luke does, watching his every move to see what his next reaction should be. If Luke cries, he cries, if Luke laughs, he laughs. We brake up wrestling matches on a daily basis because Luke likes to sit on his little brother's head.
They steal each others toys, but they walk around looking for one another when one is out of the room. Ben loves to chase Luke pretending that he is going to smother him with kisses when he catches up to him.
Luke shows Ben how he is learning to use the potty, and he always makes sure if Ben has left his sippy cup behind that he finds it for him. When Ben had to get stuck for some additional lab work last week, Luke cried more than Ben did, saying "Ben, almost done, almost done, Ben, okay, okay, almost done."So, I think from now on I am just going to let actions speak louder than words. Yes, indeed they are brothers! Just take a look!

3 comments:
I love it! They really are brothers - it's very obvious from your pics and your description. I'm glad things seem to be going well with your family.
I am proud of you, my #2. There is strength in your character and now even more in your, "Mommy Soul" as you raise your boys in a world full of fools. Keep up the great educating of those the Lord puts in your path. Touche!! Aren't these the cutest brothers, ever?? Love you. Always, Mom...Gram
They are so precious as a pair. It is hard to imagine them not being brothers. It is amazing how much their love for each other is visible, in just the short time that you all have been a been a family. Love you and miss you Morgan Family!
Post a Comment