Thursday, February 7, 2008

Court Date Rescheduled........Again!

LORD, You are my God; I will exalt You, I will give thanks to Your name; For You have worked wonders, plans formed long ago, with perfect faithfulness. (Isaiah 25:1)

Dear Friends and Family-

Yes, the subtitle for this post is correct, our court date has been rescheduled again. Our choice of Bible verses may seem odd while we are facing such uncertainty. We know that God's plan for us, which was formed long ago in perfect faithfulness, includes not just the "good news" but the news that is hard to hear as well.
We were originally told that our court date was rescheduled for Friday, Feb. 8th. So you can imagine our shock to get an e-mail yesterday, Wed, Feb 6th with the news that our court date did not go through. We are still unsure, but somewhere there was a mix up in communication on the dates. Out of seven families, our paperwork was the only one that arrived in Ethiopia before the court date, but they did not have time to translate it all.
With that said, our court date is now Tuesday, Feb 19th (or so we have been told!)
Please keep praying for Luke and Ben, that in these days of waiting that they would remain healthy and safe. Pray that God would continue to remind our hearts daily that He is still in control. Thank you for your prayers!
Believing Him,
Jeff and Mer

2 comments:

I'm Erin. said...

Meredith,
Not sure if you'll remember me...we were at NTP together at Keesler. I got an e-mail from Meaghan the other day and she gave me the link to your blog. Just wanted to say hi and that I'll be praying for your family as you wait for your boys to join you. It must be so hard to have your sons so far away. Praying for the love of Christ to surround you & your husband, as well as Luke and Ben.
Erin Schore

CHRISTY said...

Jeff and Meredith,
I wanted to leave you a comment before I lost this little yellow napkin you wrote your info on today. It was such a pleasure meeting you today! We will certainly be following your blog and praying for you as your court date and travel time approaches. We would love to keep in touch here is our blog link for you: www.aquiverfull-christy.blogspot.com
Christy Campbell