Tuesday, September 25, 2007

September 2007



We are nearing the end of September and thought we would send out an update on the adoption process. Really though, there is nothing to report. All has been silent in the Ethiopian courts this month, and we have not heard anything. Although that has been hard, it was expected that we would have a long wait. So we are thanking God for extra time for Jeff in his studies before our family doubles in size!

If you happen to watch any world news, you might have noticed that Ethiopia had its Millennium celebration on September 11th! We still don't fully understand why they are on a different calendar, but it was fun to say "Happy New Year" to each other in September! The difference in the calendar is rooted in the Coptic Orthodox Church. For more info see http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6978629.stm

Thank you so much for your continued prayers and support. Just recently we came across a verse that has held special meaning to our wait on God's timing. The verse is in Romans 4:20-21 and is referring to Abraham's wait for his promised son. It says:

"He did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God, and being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform."

Believing Him,
Jeff and Meredith

8 comments:

Becky Kerger said...

Beloved Greetings from this eager and anticipating Grandma! My prayers surround you as you wait and extend to our little ones. We may not know them yet, but God does and holds them close until you can. Hugs from home...always, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hello my beloved brother and sister in far away Raleigh! Kinda weird writing my own name as where you guys live! But anyway, I wanted to let you know we love and miss you very much! I am praying for you guys and for my new little niece and/or nephews!!! you are loved and are thought of every day! Stay strong and have faith! Thanks for the updates! I love you guys!

Gentry said...

Thanks for the updates guys! I'm praying for you everyday!! I can't wait to meet my little nieces and nephs!! I love you and miss you!!

Anonymous said...

Oh how the years have passed I remember when you were born like it was yesterday and now you are going to be a mom. I know that God must have a very special plan for you and Jeff, why eles would it be taking this long? Just remember only good things come to those that wait patiently. You are both very special people so let God do what he does best. I know he won't disappoint you. Love to you both and you are in my prayers! Love Gail

ChuchoHuff said...

Jeff & Mer, we wasn't aware y'all were in the process of adopting, too. We most of the way through a domestic adoption for Huff baby number 3. We're not sure on the timing, but hope he or she will come within the next year. God bless y'all!

ChuchoHuff said...

Sorry. I meant "we weren't aware".

Kameron Meyer said...

Jeff and Mer...we love you so much and have been praying for you throughout this process. I stood in a Texas courthouse on Monday and watched as a beautiful 16-month old girl got adopted by two loving parents and about 30 friends and family members there to support her. I wept with the wonder of it and with the excitement that you will soon be experiencing that for yourselves. It will all be well worth the wait! We love you and can't wait for you to come visit!

Turley Family said...

Hey guys, I can't wait till you guys get your little ones. Every-time I look at adoption pages all I want is a little one too. When you guys are done with this you will be pros and able to help others. We will be praying for you guys. We miss you and love you!