Wednesday, August 8, 2007

June 2007

Thank you so much for your faithful prayers and encouragement. When it rains, it pours, so we have a lot of things to be grateful for this week!

First of all, I (Meredith) had an interview yesterday morning with a local hospital, in the oncology/hospice unit. I was really impressed with the nurse manager, she seems like a very solid leader who knows her stuff! She also followed that saying "I know how important your adoption is, so we will be very supportive and flexible with your hours." That was our biggest prayer with the job situation, that I would have a boss that understands where my priorities will be!! So, I will be able to work full time all summer and into the fall before we travel to Ethiopia, and then I will be working only occasional weekends! What an answer to prayer, God is so good. He has given me the desire of my heart!

Second, yesterday in the mail we received news that we have been selected to receive a grant of $3000 to help with our adoption from Shaohannah's Hope Foundation. If you are not familiar with Shaohannah's Hope, please check out their website at: http://members.shaohannahshope.org/site/PageServer
Shaohannah's Hope is an organization that was started by Christian songwriter and artist Steven Curtis Chapman and his wife Mary Beth. They have six children, three of which were adopted from China. They have a heart to help Christian families open their homes to orphans. Their organization also helps churches develop their own orphan care ministry/fund. It is a fabulous organization, and we will be forever grateful for how God has used them in our family!

Thank you for your continued prayers, please don't give up on going to God's throne for our family! Please join us in praising God for the outpouring of His blessing we have received. We can't wait to see what God is doing in all of this! We love you!

By His Grace,
Jeff and Meredith

No comments: